Information security documentation services for the public sector
Cyber-attacks threaten municipal, state and federal governments
Ransomware attacks cost American government entities about $18.88 billion in recovery costs and downtime in 2020 according to Comparitech’s 2021 report.
The #1 cause of data breaches is human error. In fact, today it stands at 95%.
How can agencies curb the risk of information security risk?
Data breaches often succeed because of a lack of clear guidance and consistent implementation of security protocols at all organizational levels. Many government agencies have fallen behind in several key data security practices including personnel training, data protection procedures, and proper information disposal.
Without well-defined and documented security policies and procedures, your agency becomes more vulnerable to cyber-attacks and has a higher degree of failing the recovery efforts.
We work alongside your team to develop comprehensive IT Security policies and procedures that align with your agency’s goals and work for your employees to ensure consistent conduct.
CRI helps you achieve operational security, compliance and efficiency
Developing IS policies and procedures internally can be a daunting task. Often, agencies are stretched for time and resources. While management and technical staff may be highly competent, they may simply lack experience in developing comprehensive and regulatory-compliant program documentation.
To be operationally secure, IT policies and procedures need to be specified and documented to detail the people, processes and technology that are in place to keep the organization’s data and IT assets protected from unauthorized disclosure, corruption or loss.
CRI offers the subject-matter expertise and proven experience to help you develop effective IS policies faster and cost-effectively.
Why work with CRI?
Our success is defined by how quickly the policies are adopted at all levels of your organization and implemented consistently and without fail.
- Significant experience with document development
- Industry best practices memorialized for ongoing use and application
- Identify deficiencies and other policy gaps and errors
- An impartial system for assessing non-compliance and remediation with clear and consistent expectations
- Subject matter expertise in specific compliance and functional areas
- Ability to properly understand internal controls and non-compliant employee behavior
- Well-drafted policies and procedures as a foundation for corporate training
- Improved long-term strategic planning and governance practices
Attacks will happen. Face them with confidence.
IT security policies is your roadmap for preventing and recovering from data breaches.
A Roadmap to Manage Risk
- Methodology to determine acceptable risk
- Planned controls to reduce information security risk to the organization
Implementation and Enforcement Guidelines
- Develop training procedures
- Define rules for expected employee behavior
- Define consequences for non-compliance
A Means to Ensure Regulatory Compliance
- Develop framework to navigate the increasingly complex compliance landscape (GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and NIST CSF, to name a few)
- Assurance against regulatory sanctions
- Document evidence of regulatory compliance
- Defined authority/responsibilities for policy implementation
- Outline the process for acceptance of responsibilities
- Shared understanding of the gravity of security threats
- Shared understanding of individual responsibilities in threat prevention
How it works
Our information security analysts help you tailor your policies and procedures to your specific organizational needs and compliance requirements.
Determine Policy Scope
Capture Policy Details
Review & Refine
Smarter Policies Mean Safer, More Efficient Government
Proven experience, innovative solutions, reliable partnership
At CRI, we tackle challenges with innovative solutions that produce quality, cost-effective results. Whether government or commercial, we have the experience and expertise to meet your expectations.
Written policies and procedures are not simply documents for regulators and auditors. Our policy drafting services are for public sector agencies looking to encourage consistent conduct. When drafting policies and procedures, we actively assess organizations’ corporate cultures to create functional documents. Our policies are created for ease of use, readability, regulatory compliance, and to promote comprehension and operational efficiency.
CRI subject-matter experts are equipped with decades of experience in obtaining and maintain compliance with multiple industry and government standards.
We are certified
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 3.2